Because everyone keeps asking for it…..
On 28th August 2014 we did an NZLEAD tweet chat on 140 character policies. I thought I’d take some of the awesome suggestions, summarise my favourites and out my own spin on them to create a tweet sized policy manual.
- Make social media a positive experience for all. Communicate professionally, imaginatively and respectfully.
- Wear clothes. Ones that suit the job.
- Look after yourself and those around you.
- Be in a lucid state of mind to do your job and, if that’s hard for you, tell us so we can support you.
- Be really careful with people’s personal data. Only tell people stuff if they need to, and are supposed to, know.
- We expect you to make any race, sex, age, or any other defining category of person, welcome and comfortable here.
- If you have an issue or a problem, talk to someone, anyone, to try and sort it out sensibly.
- Do great things at work so we can all spend more time making this a great place to work for you.
- Turn up when you are supposed to but, if there is a good reason you can’t, talk to us.
- If being awesome is proving difficult, we can help you be that with us or be awesome somewhere else.
- Let’s regularly chat about how you’re doing, how you’re feeling and what you need to be awesome.
- What interests you? What would help you be more awesome? Now do it.
- Drive the company car like you own it and you’re paying for it.
- Company money belongs to the company. Be honest and transparent, expect your colleagues to do the same.
- Remember that we can find anything you’ve done, anything you’ve said and anywhere you’ve been. If you aren’t sure, ask.
- We pay you what you’re worth balanced with what we can. We reward you when you do well.
- Don’t be an arsehole. If that doesn’t work for you, leave.